Saturday, September 25, 2010

Kobo eReader

        Reading today isn't what it used to be back then. Remember the smell of the paper pages of a good old book? Remember the anticipation of flipping the page to find out what happens next? Well, I wouldn't expect you to remember that anyway, with the new Kobo eReader. The Kobo eReader is, in a nutshell, a giant iPod for books. It resembles a giant iPod, even having an iTunes like program to install on your computer to buy books, like how you buy songs on iTunes. However, the creator of the eReader is not Apple.

        Yet, instead of flopping like an iPod-like device should, it's pretty useful. It's ideal to use outside, with a low-glare screen so its shine doesn't blind you when you step out into the sunlight. It's a good size, and easy and lightweight. I have one myself, and I can bring it anywhere when I want to read. The eReader has a nice, sleek and pretty design, with a display button that can change the size and font of the content. It's easy to find what book you want to read, and it even saves the page you were last on, so when you go back to the book, you go directly back to the page you were last on. It has a huge memory, so it can store up to 1000 books, in one electronic book.

        On the other hand, there are cons of an electronic book. I kind of miss the paper pages of a book, and the feel of them in between my fingers. Turning the page of the eReader may only take 2 seconds, but it's way too long to flip a page. Not that I blame it, but sometimes it takes a long time to load, and people get impatient waiting to find out what happens next in a very suspenseful book.

         So, is it good, or bad? For me, it's more of a innovative device than it is a waste of money. The pros outweigh the cons. So my advice? If you read a lot outside and go out and about to read, I recommend the Kobo eReader.

No comments:

Post a Comment